Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm Not Granola, I'm Just a Little Crunchy

I haven't always been this way.  I am not sure when a passion for natural living took hold of me, but somewhere along the way I became aware of chemical names on things.  I started to take notice of the environment, and I was a little worried.  I didn't want to be labeled a tree hugger or granola; not because I didn't like those people, but because it didn't feel like me.  I mean, I still shaved my armpits and stuff, but I do feel myself crossing over bit by bit.  I strive to feed my family non-processed, healthy meals, and I try to eliminate chemicals from our environment in every way possible.

 To top this all off, I am incredibly, shall we say, frugal.  I love to save money, and I hate to spend it on things that I can make myself.  Now, when it comes to some things, like a fun little family vacation, I am totally willing to spend the money, as long as it has been carefully budgeted out of course. 

Now, what does this all mean for me.  I spend my life coming up with creative, inexpensive ways to live healthy and chemical free, and I would like to share my experiences. 

On this blog, I will show how my family eats gluten free on a tight budget (my daughter and I both have celiac disease), how we cloth diaper (I know you're thinking gross, but it's actually pretty awesome), and how I find other eco-friendly, inexpensive ways in my entire home.

When my mom describes me to her friends and co-workers, she will often use the term granola, but I tell her I am not granola, I'm just a little crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment